From veneers to crowns … Get smiling again with quality cosmetic, restorative dentistry!
At All Smiles Dental Studio, we get our patients from the Encinitas, California area back to smiling again! Individuals with cosmetic imperfections and damage that threatens the tooth alike can benefit from our team’s skill and experience. Dr. Shahrokh uses high-quality dental materials, precision planning, and techniques to rebuild lost or deteriorated tooth structures. Procedures may be recommended to enhance the appearance of the smile. Or, dental restorations can resolve tooth decay and other problems that threaten the structure and health of the teeth. Restorative treatments at our office are strong and look natural (like “real” teeth).
A cosmetic dental procedure, veneers are thin coverings. They may be made from dental ceramics, such as porcelain. Veneers are placed on the front surfaces of the teeth that are visible when you smile. Once secured to the teeth, veneers cover various aesthetic concerns. These conditions include:
- Chipped teeth
- Small fractures
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor spacing issues
- Stubborn stains or discoloration
- Irregularly-shaped teeth
- Worn-down or stubby teeth
Crowns are a versatile treatment. They may be used to correct cosmetic concerns and as a restorative treatment. Also known as a “cap,” crowns completely encompass the natural tooth structure. They fit on top of the visible part of the natural tooth. They are made and shaped from various materials, including ceramics, metals, or a combination of metal and porcelain. We can discuss the best option for you based on factors such as the tooth’s location.
He may recommend a crown to:
- Alter the appearance of a severely misshapen tooth
- Repair a cavity that is too large to be fixed with a “regular” filling
- Restore the strength and health of a tooth that has lost at least 50% of its structure
- Assure the sustained strength of a badly broken or damaged tooth
- Avoid future breakage or damage among teeth that are weakened by decay and trauma
- Replace teeth (as part of a dental bridge)
- Replace teeth (to cover up an implant that supports a crown, bridge, or denture)
Dental crowns provide superior protection, strength, and lasting healthy function to “standard” fillings and other types of dental restorations. We look forward to visiting with you about options to enhance the appearance and health of your smile with quality cosmetic and restorative dental care—Call (760) 456-8414 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Shahrokh at our dental studio in Encinitas, CA.